Various vehicle art that appear in the first stage! What sort of automobile would you like to see in Nefarious?
Nefarious is about being the bad guy! Face the trials and tribulations of being a 2D platformer villain as you do what villains do best! Thwart the heroes! Kidnap the princess! Conquer the world! Mwahahahaha!
- The best laid plans will go awry. And sometimes kidnapping the princess can become… complicated.
- A princess with wings might make you lighter than air while carrying her. One composed of pure energy might supercharge your abilities just by being in close proximity.
- A scorching princess may have an adverse effect on your suit and do strange things to your explosive ammo.
- The tool of our malefactor’s trade. Crow is equipped with a mechanical glove of his own design which grants him various destructive abilities! We will briefly go over them below.
- On a very basic level, the glove dispenses various sorts of explosions. The player can aim in a 360 degree range in all directions, and it will shoot whatever ammo is selected.
- For starters, your bomb can bounce before exploding. So long as you don’t strike an enemy directly, you can use it to reach tricky areas that you cannot easily reach yourself.
- Crow’s power armor is calibrated to counteract the shock of his own bombs. So, instead of being blown to bits, you can use your bombs to knock you into the air or provide a secondary jump.
- Another sort of ammo is the sticky bomb. Instead of bouncing, it sticks to the first surface or enemy it encounters. It will not detonate until you trigger it.
- In this regard it becomes very easy to time double jumps, or stick it to an enemy and wait until they approach your other foes for a nasty surprise.
Crow prides himself on being a classic villain. His hobbies include putting damsels in distress, trying to take over the world, and building giant robots to do his bidding for him. Crow is a professional antagonist and takes his job of organized menace very seriously.
Crow’s secretary of evil! There is a lot of minutia to running a tyrannical empire. Someone has to keep the HR department running smoothly and make sure the minion healthcare payments are processed in a timely manner. That person is Becky, Crow’s number 2 assistant.
Mayapple loves being a princess and everything that comes with it. She enjoys baking cakes, playing tennis and picnics on sunny days. Being kidnapped is a mild inconvenience to her royal duties, but she never neglects to invite Crow for a day of go-karting.
Ariella knows two things: ruling her kingdom and fighting. A warrior princess at heart, she’s not a big fan of the status quo, and woe to any villain who thinks she can be easily swept away from her strict training regiment.
A hardworking princess who is very diligent about one day ruling over the Insectoid people. However, she’s quick to accept a break from her royal duties. Everyone needs a day off every now and then, even Queens in training.
Not much is known about this little ball of energy. Made in a lab, she’s a pinch of elegance, a dash of grace and the essence of royalty. Has science gone too far in its pursuit to develop the perfect princess?
Tephra makes her home in the lava kingdoms. A hot-blooded monarch of fire, she is the largest of the known princesses. The ambient temperature around her can exceed 300 degrees! Approach with caution.